A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cover placed over a tooth and secured with dental cement. Crowns are generally used to improve the strength or appearance of the tooth. A dental impression usually takes place in order to fabricate the crown.
Most crowns are made from gold or porcelain, or a combination of porcelain and metal alloy:
- Porcelain crowns are aesthetically more appealing and very natural looking.
- Gold is usually used on the back teeth, is easier to use than porcelain and requires less tooth be drilled away.
- We Offer metal free Crowns, all ceramic, E-Max (Lithium Discilicate), and Zirconia.
Crowns are used to protect broken, worn down teeth. They are also used to cover dental implants, a dental bridge, or a tooth with a large filling.
Bridges are used as a replacement for a missing tooth by attaching permanently to adjoining teeth or dental implants. They are an alternative to dental implants or dentures. Bridges are important because the teeth on either side of a missing tooth can shift and potentially lead to gum disease. Bridges are most often made with porcelain and gold. We Offer metal free Bridges, all ceramic, E-Max (Lithium Discilicate), and Zirconia.
Benefits of Dental Bridges:
- Prevents moving and erosion
- Last a long time
- Restore ability to chew properly
- Maintain the shape of the face
- Restore smile
- Aesthetically appealing